Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can I remotely control HVAC through the internet?

I have a summer rental home and I want to remotely control the HAVC mainly the AC during the summer. Tenants leave the AC and open the windows.. They also turn the AC down to the 50's. When I get to the house it's like a refrigerator.. I am tired of cooling the outside, but also interested in monitor and control the heat during the winter months while it is vacant. I just had a problem where the heat did not shut off. My entire home was about 160 degrees inside. Cabinets and walls floors all warped..





I'd like to do this over the internet... what products and where would I buy the most reliable product?Can I remotely control HVAC through the internet?
Yes. What you're talking about are x-10 modules. This site http://www.hometech.com/home/appl.html has some information that may help you.





The technology has been around for years but with the advance of the internet it should be much easier to control.

No comments:

Post a Comment