Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My comp will go to the internet but won't open my control panel, my documents, ect. what will fix this?

it started by a Microsoft error and when I tried to download the new Norton antivirus. now it is all messed up. it still lets me go onto the internet which is a plus but it won't let me click on an address on a web page to go there but I can put it into my favorites and I can from there.My comp will go to the internet but won't open my control panel, my documents, ect. what will fix this?
A bit more information would be helpful. Like what system? Windows95, XP? What error message did you get? If it's XP, use system restore to go back to a time when it worked.





Next, whichever system, do an on line virus scan to make sure you have no bad things in the system, followed by something like adaware to get out any thing there. Start with http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ then google for adaware and spybot and update and run those. Post back if you still have problems after that.My comp will go to the internet but won't open my control panel, my documents, ect. what will fix this?
it seems like you have some type of spyware , really the best thing to do with spyware is to re-install windows again
  • bella cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment