Saturday, August 21, 2010

Internet addiction and self control, can't stop using it!?

I am an internet addict I literally spend more than 12 hours on the internet/computer everyday. I try not to but I always end up doing it. It's taking over my life.My sleeping pattern is messed up, I can't sleep well either. I go online first thing when I wake up and if I don't I get so anxious and bored I just have to go on. It's very hard. I say it would be for just 1 hour and those 2 turn to 6 then to 10 and so forth. I don't even notice the time. My body aches my muscles burn and I am still on the damn computer!! Then when I finally can't take it anymore and my muscles and eyes are so sore I go to sleep almost the whole day and then wake up and continue to do the same thing the next day. Why do I do this to myself?! How can I stop this? Please help I want my life back and to be in control this is really killing me and I can't take it anymore :(Internet addiction and self control, can't stop using it!?
Well, you should get married and have some children - you will have no time for Internet!


But now you can use this software to reduce eyestrain taking regular rest.Internet addiction and self control, can't stop using it!?
My advice is to set a timer and once that timer goes off you NEED to get off. NO EXCUSES. It is always healthy to get out and exercise so go out and run around the block. This will make you feel better and help your body. There is no need to spend 12 hours a day on the computer. You need to get out and if need see a psychologist who can really work wonders if you want him too. I would advise you see one just for 3 weeks and see how everything goes. I really hope you can stop this addiction!
I had the same problem and what helped me was closing down some of the accounts i was using to play games or chat. Cause if you have less accounts and less to do on the internet, the less time you will spend on it.
How long have you been in this state of addiction? The longer you have been like this the harder it takes to stop..





Try to cut down to 6 hours first then slowly to the stage where you do not use the internet for the entire day. Reward yourself for achieving it!
Use it for 2 hours, take a break, go for a walk , do some excersize, and repeat, that way you dont spend ALL day using the internet.
i struggle with this EXACT PROBLEM!!! My internet wasnt workin for a day and i almost had a breakdown. thats when i realise i had a problem. maybe u should try disconnecting ur internet and hiding ur lptop from urself...

No comments:

Post a Comment